Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page TomHay
Old

What ever happened to Pool??????

Posted 08-30-2012 at 05:24 PM by TomHay

I can remember back in the 1960's I went to a Pool Hall named Charlies in Upstate NY.

6 tables and a 3 cushion billiard table all made in late 1800's.

3 tables on left side were for straight pool, the game of that day, front right hand side was 9 ball, Charlie Racked and back 2 right were for ball hitters.

Around the perimiter were small but attached seats that sat up on a platform about 6" high and each table had two master wooden chairs.
Best Tips For Less
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 29223 Comments 1 TomHay is offline Edit Tags
Old

Play The Table

Posted 08-12-2012 at 12:41 PM by TomHay

I was just looking at the Golf scores of the last Major for the year. Rory was 9 Under Tiger was 3 Under. The big difference however was Rory was 2 under on his 3rd hole, Tiger was 1 Under on his 5th. Bottom line, holes and chances were being eaten up for Tiger to have a chance.

Why am I writing about Golf in a Pool Room? I could say it is because both games started as outdoors on the grass, but that is not it.

In Golf, you play the course, in Pool, you play the...
Best Tips For Less
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8669 Comments 0 TomHay is offline Edit Tags
Old

Why Cue Tips?

Posted 05-26-2012 at 10:30 AM by TomHay

I was once a Cue Maker with a partner that made Cues under the name R/T Custom cues. Due to a bad business move I made (non Pool related) I lost everything I had. It took me 10 years of non stop work to get everything back and retire.

My retirement dream was to make cues again. Sadly that has not come to be, the room for making the cues is not at my Condo so I settle on a small lathe for Ferrules and Tips.

Back when I made Cues doing tips was a neccesary evil, very...
Best Tips For Less
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7622 Comments 0 TomHay is offline Edit Tags