Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page DiamondGirl
Old

Reminiscing about Accu-Stats

Posted 01-31-2011 at 05:43 AM by DiamondGirl

Back in the 90's, yes I've been playing pool awhile, I used to spend 10 days every 6 months, at the Sands Regency in Reno, Nevada.

Pretty much my whole life I have had a meager income, but I loved pool, and without a table at home, I had to become very enterprising in order to afford my pool addiction. One of the great opportunities I created for myself was working for Pat Fleming, the creator of accu-stats. I became a statiticion and sales girl, every 6 months, for the mens pro events....
Registered
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18073 Comments 2 DiamondGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

Mr Cues in Georgia...ROCKS!

Posted 01-28-2011 at 05:00 AM by DiamondGirl

Hi all, I will be playing at mr cues this weekend. We have a womens regional tour, in which it is a handicapped format, $500 added. I will have to give up to 4 games in a race to 8, at the most, and an even match with a few others such as betty sessions, and amy chen.
We have 8 stops at mr cues scheduled for 2011, with $500 added. The Sweet family (owners of mr cues) are probably the most supportive pool room for tournaments that i have ever experienced. I want to send out a heartfelt thanks...
Registered
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5246 Comments 0 DiamondGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

An unconventional story..how pool saved my life

Posted 01-23-2011 at 10:28 AM by DiamondGirl

I am here for my second blog. Woo Hoo on following through!

I didn't start playing pool until I was about 18. At the age of 18 my goal was to marry a handsome husband, and boy did I ever, he was the most handsome asshole! John was both physically and emotionally abusive, my life was constantly threatened and I was told I would die if I tried to leave him, and whoever was with me would die as well.

I used to cry daily for allowing myself to get into this predictament....
Registered
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 13818 Comments 2 DiamondGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

musings of a pool player....my first blog

Posted 01-22-2011 at 08:44 AM by DiamondGirl

Hi all or nobody...lol
I am not really sure if anybody will read this or not. I am beginning to blog as a 2011 resolution commitment to myself.
Who am I? My name is Lisa Davids, I was formally known as Lisa D'Atri but have recently married.
I have been involved in all aspects of pool for over 20 years now.
Years ago I used to have my own column about women's pool. I was known for years as Miss Cue from Cue Sports Journal.
I have taught pool for over 16 years now,...
Registered
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 13037 Comments 2 DiamondGirl is offline Edit Tags