Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page JuicyGirl
Old

Curse Curse Curse!!!

Posted 06-24-2013 at 09:22 PM by JuicyGirl

My nine ball game is CURSED. Ever since I moved to a SL three. I understand it's just my brain getting overly anxious... Id just like to stop it from doing so. Alternately my 8 ball game is suddenly smoking and polar opposite of the 9 ball game

WTF
Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4844 Comments 0 JuicyGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

Long day but winning

Posted 10-22-2012 at 11:33 PM by JuicyGirl

I've won 5 of my 6 matches. Playing harder players is hard even with Handicap in my favor. I want to win and I want to make coach proud.
For right now all systems are go. But in the next few weeks we'll need to kick it up a notch. Lots of practice to clean up my EZ shots.

Still I'm not so sure on fundamentals

I'll figure it out
Stay Juicy
Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4232 Comments 0 JuicyGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

Looking ahead

Posted 09-12-2012 at 10:47 AM by JuicyGirl

I heard about this article from the hubs Eight Ball, Corner Pocket: Think 6 Steps Ahead of the Competition and I'd often heard pros will look at their game in this fashion as a norm. So what the heck I thought I'd try it out. And go figure, I ran out 7 balls. whoah! The 8 ball went down on my next turn. This is probably no biggie for most tough guys around here. But as a SOLID APA 2, I must admit my game is getting better. Can't wait to try this out again.

Stay Juicy
Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5568 Comments 0 JuicyGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

Defensive Pool School

Posted 09-10-2012 at 09:36 AM by JuicyGirl

Safeties are (no!) were my new challenge. Wow! What a weekend. The hubs and I took time out to visit Donny Lutz for some lessons on defensive pool.

It never occurred to me to see an instructor. And after Donny made an offer, I still wasn't so sure. But after the hubs gave me his blessing we drove 2 hours north to see the one and only Mr. Lutz.

After 2 hours of defensive moves. I knew... My memory bank was overloaded. What did I get out of this lesson? ...
Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4624 Comments 0 JuicyGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

Progress FINALLY

Posted 09-01-2012 at 09:04 AM by JuicyGirl

After days and days of countless drills. It happened. First it was a stranger walks up to me and gives away a shower of compliments on my skills . But, it didn't stop there. Later that night after a friendly game of scotch doubles, it happened again. As is custom, we always compliment each other on good shots. This wasn't the kind of compliment I received from my friends. They wanted me to know that my skills were moving up a notch. What a great feeling .

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4135 Comments 0 JuicyGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

Aren't drills great! 3 or 4 Bank kick shot

Posted 08-16-2012 at 07:12 PM by JuicyGirl
Updated 08-16-2012 at 07:14 PM by JuicyGirl (removing smilies)

A friend attempted to teach me how to do this bank shot. It went horribly. So after working on my banks and my kick shots these past few weeks, I decided to kick it up a notch. And maybe show off some new found talent at making this 1 shot!

After 2 hours of banging the cue ball into the banks it finally came to me. I'm sure a few of you can figure how to repeat it on the second try.

Heck I'm happy managed to make this much progress after repeating...
Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1838 Comments 0 JuicyGirl is offline Edit Tags