Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > CJ Wiley
Reload this Page Hitting the Center, and Spinning the Ball Either Way
Rate this Entry

Hitting the Center, and Spinning the Ball Either Way

Posted 09-30-2012 at 03:34 AM by CJ Wiley

A while back I said I can hit the center and spin it with either right or left english....I know a lot of people cringed when I said that, but it's true. I can go STRAIGHT through the center of the cue ball and twist the cue counterclockwise for left english and clockwise for right english....I'm not sure what a sophisticated camera would see, but I will tell you I can cue it a hair to the left of center, then go through and twist it quickly clockwise Exactly as I go through the ball and to the naked eye it will look like I hit it on the left and put right english on it (you see it react after it hits the cushion).

This freaks people out when I show them because it makes NO LOGICAL SENSE, but neither does David Copperfield or any stage magician. I'm not saying I do this stuff to deceive people, I (and many top players) just know how to get results from the cue ball that looks like magic because of technique and knowledge, nothing else.

So when I'm talking about a Hair of inside, I'm saying Cuing it to the Inside, but going straight through the cue ball without "trying" to spin it....if it has any spin it should be VERY minimal, because your cue is going so straight.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3135 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments