Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > aussieblake
Reload this Page Moving a Gold Crown IV in a min van
Rate this Entry

Moving a Gold Crown IV in a min van

Posted 01-09-2010 at 12:01 PM by aussieblake

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyJ View Post
I just moved a used GC-IV home recently and stored it in our garage (until, like you, our room was ready).

Moved it in four parts. The frame, the skirts & pockets (left assembled), the 4 feet and arch (left assembled), and the 3 separate slates.

The frame went on our (open flat) trailer first and was lashed down with cam straps. Next the skirts and pockets and pocket castings (still assembled in one piece) went on top of the frame (with rugs/blankets/camping ground insulite for padding in between).

The 3 slates (on top of each other), the assembled feet and arch, and all other stuff went in the back of a regular 8' bed pickup truck (note the 3 slates are too large - 107"x57" - to all fit flat in one layer in the back of an 8' truck). So, you'll have to stack the slates unless you rent a truck and strap them to the walls (and I don't know if that's a good idea since I would think that the bottom edge of the slate would get beat up).

I suggest you take your truck and rent a trailer ($20/day). Or, rent an enclosed truck ($20/day + $.90/mile + insurance).

P.S.: Make sure you either remove the slate levelers from the frame or screw them in tight and tape over them (so they don't vibrate loose and get lost).

P.P.S.: Before sliding one slate on top of another, make sure that the slate your sliding on top has all of the staples (used to hold the cloth on) removed from the bottom of the wood.
I have a trailer (18ft tandem), it is not enclosed. The pick up has a 6 foot bed. The aprons are the ones that concern me, because of the length. I will be going next weekend to pick it up unless another solution presents itself.

It is like new, only been used in a home, which is hard to find around my area.

aussieblake
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2463 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments