Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page Blog Entries
Old

Does anyone know what type of Vintage Viking Cue this is?

Posted 09-18-2012 at 12:21 AM by akdmks_04

I am trying to find out how old and what kind of model this vintage viking cue. plz help
Attached Images

AzB Bronze Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1842 Comments 0 akdmks_04 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Endless Possibilities, it's Who I Am and What I Do. Mary Avina

Posted 09-17-2012 at 07:42 PM by MaryAvina.com
Updated 08-31-2014 at 08:02 AM by MaryAvina.com (Fixed misspellings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjssecrets4u2 View Post
I've tested the water the last year and heard all the negative "we can't do it because of blah, blah, blah" and I appreciate everyone's honest input.....Now I want to talk to You that believe IT CAN BE DONE and are more "solution oriented"....what deligence can we individually do to achieve our common goal: IMPROVING THE IMAGE AND POPULARITY OF POCKET BILLIARDS.....I believe it would benefit All of us in the Industry to join together for this common goal...Please be "solution
pool whats that?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6713 Comments 0 MaryAvina.com is offline Edit Tags
Old

Understanding why certain techniques work

Posted 09-17-2012 at 05:28 PM by CJ Wiley
Updated 11-11-2013 at 10:28 PM by CJ Wiley

I just did a question and answer segment last night on video were I explained TOI in terms of being a musician or artist....to me Pool must be a way to express ourselves to perform at the highest level.....when I think of some of the levels I reached {using TOI} it still seems impossible and even at the time I had to take care not to take credit or completely understand what was happening...the ego tells us that we must understand things to do them well....I know there's people reading my posts...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2896 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

FS~~Gorgeous SLY / Brand new 4 point veneer~~

Posted 09-17-2012 at 08:26 AM by FL stonecrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookmehorns View Post
Thanks brother, this Sly is a looker for sure.

Looking to move this cue soon, if your Intetested send me a PM and let's make a deal. This cue is drop dead gorgeous in person.

Thanks,
Mo
do you still have the sly
AzB Bronze Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1381 Comments 0 FL stonecrusher is offline Edit Tags
Old

Article by New York Sportswriter Michael Geffner

Posted 09-17-2012 at 05:07 AM by CJ Wiley
Updated 09-17-2012 at 05:13 AM by CJ Wiley

Wiley has what other pool players refer to as the Big Game. He has an opening break in nine ball powerful enough to sink six balls and a shot making ability so stunning that even the longest shots seem like tap-ins. He’s also part of an elite few who can string together bunches of racks without missing (in nine ball, where the lowest-numbered ball on the table must be struck first before pocketing a ball, he has put together nine racks in a row on a regulation table and a staggering twelve on a...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2984 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

Be true to yourself and the Game you play - The Game is the Teacher

Posted 09-16-2012 at 05:48 PM by CJ Wiley
Updated 09-16-2012 at 06:00 PM by CJ Wiley

Professional Pool is not vibrant and lucrative because the people involved with it have never been able to portray it for what it actually is....it's like our own personal lives, if we go through life trying to be something we're not we are doomed to live a shallow, unfulfilled, unrewarding, and unprofitable existence....this is what the "managers" of pool have done, in effect.....it's not about pool's image being "positive or negative", these are just individual judgments....."as...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2638 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

Dennis Orcullo

Posted 09-16-2012 at 08:55 AM by tpdtom

Quote:
Originally Posted by naji View Post
From what i heard, Dennis work for his backer full time, and take a cut of the winnings. We all know how important a cue for wining games; at times pro players switch cues in middle of game to make it look like the "cue" makes him shoot better, but there is 40k on the line and from what we see he cannot afford one miss, other wise he will be eaten a live, and loose a lot of his pay day, i wish i know how much is the deal between Tiger and his manager, plus i am sure he is given a period
Really Old School
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1805 Comments 0 tpdtom is offline Edit Tags
Old

Attention to Detail Drill

Posted 09-14-2012 at 07:27 PM by CJ Wiley
Updated 09-17-2012 at 04:11 AM by CJ Wiley

HERE'S A GOOD DRILL TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROPER ELEMENTS:
Create the angle in your mind ABOVE the shot....then get down as if you had already made the shot....this is the level of confidence you must have. So CONNECT the balls - CREATE the angle -get down with CONFIDENCE that you have already made the shot and feel the "hit".
Look at the object ball last, but for the first full 3 seconds look at exactly where you want to hit the cue ball....then focus on the object ball,...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2923 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

Pool, The Master Game - Simply Complicated

Posted 09-14-2012 at 01:42 AM by CJ Wiley
Updated 09-14-2012 at 01:46 AM by CJ Wiley

One thing that is overlooked in pool is THE CUE BALL IS THE TARGET...it's just aligned to the object ball or cushion (on kicks)....100% of the time on ANY SHOT I must hit a specific point on the cue ball where I'm aiming to execute the shot....the object ball is used to line up AND to give me feedback on what I did right or wrong.....if it communicates that I executed the shot correctly and the results are what I want I'm fine.....it the results aren't like I want or expect I MUST PRACTICE and calibrate...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5082 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

Looking for a black JW Hager cue extention that will fit a Jack Justis

Posted 09-13-2012 at 07:22 PM by crobwin

Looking for JW Hagar cue extensions in black, I'm looking for one that will fit inside a long pocket Jack Justis cue case?
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3338 Comments 1 crobwin is offline Edit Tags
Old

9BALL Ratings on ESPN in the 90's Were a Success

Posted 09-13-2012 at 01:16 PM by CJ Wiley
Updated 03-31-2013 at 03:06 AM by CJ Wiley

I hear people refer to the game of 9Ball as a "failure"....this entices me to stand up for the Game and present some facts, from working directly with ESPN and Prime/Fox Sports as Director of Operations of the Professional Cue Sports Association)...9 Ball was a TV Success and only in the last 13 years became a so called "failure" (more from someone not marketing televised events...it doesn't happen on it's own)....in the 90's the average viewing audience for 9Ball was a 1 POINT...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22473 Comments 2 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

Looking ahead

Posted 09-12-2012 at 10:47 AM by JuicyGirl

I heard about this article from the hubs Eight Ball, Corner Pocket: Think 6 Steps Ahead of the Competition and I'd often heard pros will look at their game in this fashion as a norm. So what the heck I thought I'd try it out. And go figure, I ran out 7 balls. whoah! The 8 ball went down on my next turn. This is probably no biggie for most tough guys around here. But as a SOLID APA 2, I must admit my game is getting better. Can't wait to try this out again.

Stay Juicy
Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5581 Comments 0 JuicyGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

Defensive Pool School

Posted 09-10-2012 at 09:36 AM by JuicyGirl

Safeties are (no!) were my new challenge. Wow! What a weekend. The hubs and I took time out to visit Donny Lutz for some lessons on defensive pool.

It never occurred to me to see an instructor. And after Donny made an offer, I still wasn't so sure. But after the hubs gave me his blessing we drove 2 hours north to see the one and only Mr. Lutz.

After 2 hours of defensive moves. I knew... My memory bank was overloaded. What did I get out of this lesson? ...
Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4647 Comments 0 JuicyGirl is offline Edit Tags
Old

The Physical Game Enables Mental Success

Posted 09-09-2012 at 12:20 PM by CJ Wiley
Updated 01-20-2013 at 05:42 AM by CJ Wiley

It's paradoxical to think of pool being 90% mental....it would be like trying to believe playing the piano, painting a picture, or fixing the engine in a car is "90% mental"....the only way I may say that is after the statement "after you get the physical pre shot routine down perfectly" ... then pool may actually be 90% mental....and until then pool is closer to 90% Physical [/B]because if you even have the slightest physical piece out of your "game engine" it won't'...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5015 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

Speed/Spin Accuracy

Posted 09-09-2012 at 12:28 AM by CJ Wiley
Updated 01-20-2013 at 05:44 AM by CJ Wiley

I don't think it's "so tough" to spin balls in with outside English, however, it does bring in two different variables to adjust for therefore it makes the "shot speed" a lot more important.....if you spin a ball your cutting to the right in with left English two things happen.....first the cue ball deflects slightly to the right, THEN the spin will curve it back to the left (if you shoot it too hard it deflects MORE than it spins back and if you hit it too soft it will spin...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2760 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

1999 josey custom cue for sale

Posted 09-06-2012 at 01:40 PM by justinjosey

Very nice josey cue. Its a 1999 iv had it for some time. Keith josey is my Uncle. I hate to sell it but really need money. Stick is in great cond. Keith values stick 3000 to 3500. Make offer call 843 368 5632 or or email me justinjosey922@yahoo.com. If interested text me on 8433685632 and ill send u pics my pics arent uploading on here.
AzB Bronze Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8132 Comments 1 justinjosey is offline Edit Tags
Old

Learning BEST From Others

Posted 09-05-2012 at 07:48 PM by CJ Wiley
Updated 01-20-2013 at 05:46 AM by CJ Wiley

I used to practice with Buddy Hall in Tampa Florida when we both lived there and he was always an inspiration.....at times I would try to imitate his stroke/grip/tempo and found out that it worked really well for Buddy and not so well for me....that's the issue, even though we all have common denominators in our games, we still have to find a way to do it our own way.
Buddy has shown me things that don't work for me, but work for other people and I've learned the same type things from Omaha...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5256 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

The Game is the Teacher

Posted 09-05-2012 at 08:49 AM by CJ Wiley
Updated 09-06-2012 at 10:30 PM by CJ Wiley

One thing I appreciate about golf is they have allowed condition changes and higher tech equipment , but not at the expense of the integrity of the game.....the ball is the same size, the hole is the same size, and they use a "Stimpmeter" to measure the speed of the greens ...and they have taken strides to make the golf courses TOUGHER because of the lighter shafts, better designed balls and other high tech material that improves distance.

THIS IS WHAT I'M SUGGESTING IN
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5319 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

Texas State Tournament's Charity Event

Posted 09-04-2012 at 09:59 PM by CJ Wiley

Just got back from the Texas State Championships.....had a great time this year and it started out positive with a charity event that raised over $7500. for the St. Jude's Children's Hospital.....and actually won the Scotch Doubles Event with my partner who won an $800. Cue Stick.... it was a WIN/WIN for everyone.....I'm 2 for 2 in Scotch Doubles tournaments BTW - the last on was with LoreeJon Hasson when we won the ESPN WORLD MIXED DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP.....maybe that should be my new "Road...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5176 Comments 0 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old

9/4/12

Posted 09-03-2012 at 11:07 PM by Tiny10-0

Shot well tonight. Ended up subbing on in a team for a little more practice before the last position week and end of the session tomorrow night. Shot 50, gave up 8. Got lucky a couple times. Both breaks made a ball, pretty good spread, could have been better. Tried to let a very green rookie make balls before finishing the game. Looking forward to tomorrow night. See if we can hold onto second. I kinda feel like we got short changed this session because we lost our bye-rounds, might have...
Registered
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5008 Comments 0 Tiny10-0 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Double Elimination should be just that !!!!

Posted 09-03-2012 at 04:36 PM by gerard soriano

I don't know if its just me but I think its crazy that in a double elimination tournament the player who goes undefeated all 3,4or 7 days his reward in the final set is a couple games longer I don't know if its always been this way or when it started but I think it's wrong . You should have to beat him/her twice JMHO
HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4654 Comments 0 gerard soriano is offline Edit Tags
Old

Deal Gone Bad...I'll bend, but I will not be taken for a sucker.

Posted 09-03-2012 at 02:50 PM by blackda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Baxter View Post
I think you should keep the $300 . and tell him to go pound sand . Jim
^...Ditto...^
AzB Gold Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5536 Comments 0 blackda is offline Edit Tags
Old

Jerry MacNamore aka Crazy Jerry

Posted 09-03-2012 at 12:09 AM by count

The incomparable Jerry MacNamore, a great pool player.That didn't play in pool tournaments.His list of wins include Mike Segal, and many more,He played Weenie Beannie 9 ball for $5000 a game, Jerry was 9 games up before Weenie Beannie won a game.He won pretty big that night.
Attached Images

Registered
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5000 Comments 0 count is offline Edit Tags
Old

Hank Boulware

Posted 09-02-2012 at 11:17 PM by count

Hank Boulware pool champion in Western NY.
Attached Images

Registered
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4732 Comments 0 count is offline Edit Tags
Old

Hank Boulware

Posted 09-02-2012 at 07:49 PM by count

I would like to give a shoutout to the great Hank Boulware ,Buff, NY pool champion. we've all enjoyed ur pool and the shots u showed ,so many of us,from the days at Frontier Pool room to the Genesse Pool room.
Registered
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2295 Comments 0 count is offline Edit Tags
Page 21 of 50 « First 11192021 222331 Last »