Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > mel_smOg
Reload this Page i shaft 2 vs predator Z2
Rate this Entry

i shaft 2 vs predator Z2

Posted 08-10-2010 at 08:49 AM by mel_smOg

Hey, I'm trying to decide right now what shaft to buy. I've been offered to buy pretty cheap i2, but i really wanted to try out Z2. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments, on cues deflections and just playing expeiriences
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19120 Comments 3 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It is really unfair to try to compare the Z2 to the i2. I have an i2 for my McDermott cue that I played with for years. I recently switched to a Predator (P3) with a 314-2 shaft and find I can easy switch between the 314-2 and i2 with minimal adjustment.

The Z2 is very similar to the OB2 shaft I recently acquired, however I hear the Z2 is often difficult to control; the spin applied to whitey is beyond belief and errors in tip placement are exaggerated significanly, so you have to be Spot-On with each shot or unexpected results with have you banging your head.

I have not played with the Z2, but talk with people who do...they often carry a 314 series shaft with them for those nights that they are alittle off.

Like I said, I love my i2 and my OB2. I have "shelved" my 314-2 for the time being because I cannot believe the improvement in my game since getting the OB2.

I hope this helps a little, I don't usually see responses on the Blogs. I might suggest posting this on the main forum (although I believe the topic has been debated to death and some posters may take offense to seeing the debate resurrected). You might want to use the search engine to find the existing threads for your analysis.
  2. Old Comment
    The z-2 is sick. It will out shoot any shaft other than maybe a black dot. It takes some practice to get use to the spin. But with minimal deflection it isn't too bad. If you are a pretty good player and want to be able to do table length draws, and put some wicked spin this might be your stick. I really like it with my viking custom stick.
  3. Old Comment
    thanks a lot guys, there is just so much information on z2 and basically 0 on i2, thats why I could not do really good comparison between shafts