Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > gunzby
Reload this Page Working through the tough times
Rate this Entry

Working through the tough times

Posted 04-17-2011 at 10:45 PM by gunzby

About 4 weeks ago I suddenly hit the wall in playing pool. Not only did I hit the wall, but I busted through the drywall, knocked out the floor and landed in the basement. Apparently the week before I had hit my peak.

For roughly 3 months I had constant improvement. The tough part was that the week before I hit the wall I was playing as perfect as I had ever played. It seemed that no matter what distance I was making the CB travel from OB to the next it always landed perfect and about one to two feet away which made it that much more painful.

At first I just got pissed and said I had finally had a bad day. When it happened again I just said I'll get it next week. When it happened the next week I will admit that I got a little sad. I also blamed it on a self-imposed curse I put on myself 2 years ago that I call pre-cue anxiety.

Two years ago I was about a month away from receiving my first custom cue. In that month I played worse than I have ever played before. After that I seem to have started playing awful whenever a cue is coming close to arriving. Strangely when I called the cue maker last Tuesday I was told that he was just starting on it then (I thought I would have it in a few weeks). This is not why I played awful on Friday of course.

On Friday I decided to go back to doing drills. I did speed and position drills for the first hour I was there. I then started playing and actually started doing better. I couldn't play Saturday so on Sunday I began the day the same way. This time I ran multiple drills and miraculously I started feeling my stroke again. Next thing I know I am actually running a couple racks. Hhhhmmmmmmm I think I have an idea

While driving home I putting two and two together to realize that I started playing worse when I abandoned drills. The reason that I abandoned drills was because I was so excited with how I had been playing that I didn't want to wait to break open a rack. Mark my words....no more drill abandoning. I am now officially the spokesman for No Drill Left Behind!!!!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16974 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments