Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > CJ Wiley
Reload this Page It was a Game. The Master Game!
Rate this Entry

It was a Game. The Master Game!

Posted 10-12-2012 at 08:07 PM by CJ Wiley
Updated 06-12-2014 at 11:00 PM by CJ Wiley

I left the Game for many years and got involved in the nightclub business that generated a tremendous revenue and economy for staff, vendors and management.

We set a goal to be the "best in Texas" and accomplished this aspiration with Carsons Palace. It had the highest recorded TABC sales out of all restaurants, bars, and nightclubs in the state of Texas.

We managed a staff of over 120 employees and I was "on top of the world" in terms of public perception and notoriety in the "night club/bar" business. To the casual observer it appeared I had "made it".

You would think this would be a "live happily ever after story", but there was one thing that "interfered" with my contentment, I felt like a had left a great friend on the battle field. I guess it's part of being "American," it's in my blood to never leave a friend behind to die.

A friend that had done everything in it's power for me. A friend that had fed me, given me the ability to travel the country and see the world, a friend that through thick and thin had always been with me, guiding, directing, building character, confidence, and wisdom.

I started getting this dreadful feeling that I had left this friend wounded, with not enough strength to make it on it's own. I told some people what I had done, but they didn't understand, how could they?

It's difficult for just "anyone" to understand that this friend that I had such a deep admiration and love for was not a person, not a place and not a thing. It was a teacher and it was superbly concealed in the game.

The Master Game! Now it's time to help the teacher get back on it's Feet. We will appreciate everyone helping if you can. 'The Game is the Teacher'
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9350 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments