Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > shawnstoppable
Reload this Page First blog, welcome!
Rate this Entry

First blog, welcome!

Posted 02-14-2011 at 11:42 PM by shawnstoppable

Thanks for checking out my pool blog. I've been playing pool for almost 3 years now. From there, I've learned a lot about the game. Through the people I've met, the games I've won, and the games I've lost, I have developed a sense of confidence and a sense of modesity... It's been both a humbling and empowering journey.

The beauty of pool is it's a great analogy for life in general. Once you get a better understanding of how the game is played, you approach it from a different perspective. As soon as I break a rack, I begin to outline my run. In life, as soon as the day starts, or the week, or the month, whatever... I begin to plan ahead. But the game is full of changes, and adjustments. The slightest miscalculation can lead to the biggest humiliation. You live, you learn, you remember that next time. Still, some things are unforgivable... like scratching on the 8.

My blog, is my personal journey. My adventures, situations, lessons... In the past 3 years, I've realized I have a lot to share. I know a lot of people you should meet and there's a good chance you never will, so maybe this is the best way for you to get an idea of who I am, and who they are.

For a lot of people, pool is just a game. Then again, I dare you to ask Michael Jordan if basketball was "Just a game". The things we love, the things we do, and the people we meet are what define us. I owe 95% of the last 3 years of that to being on the pool table. Had it not been for pool, I'd be the short Filipino guy sitting at the bar with a few friends... Instead now, when I'm at the bar I am the short Filipino guy who is either a.) "Don't shoot against that guy. It's a waste of quarters." b.) "He'll play for money..." c.) "You're Shawn right? You're that pool player?"

That could be the closest thing I'll ever get to a celebrity status besides the 1,000 friends I have on Facebook where I'm lucky if I ever talk to a hundred of them.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2100 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments