Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > DiamondGirl
Reload this Page Reminiscing about Accu-Stats
Rate this Entry

Reminiscing about Accu-Stats

Posted 01-31-2011 at 05:43 AM by DiamondGirl

Back in the 90's, yes I've been playing pool awhile, I used to spend 10 days every 6 months, at the Sands Regency in Reno, Nevada.

Pretty much my whole life I have had a meager income, but I loved pool, and without a table at home, I had to become very enterprising in order to afford my pool addiction. One of the great opportunities I created for myself was working for Pat Fleming, the creator of accu-stats. I became a statiticion and sales girl, every 6 months, for the mens pro events.
The prior week, I would play in USPPA event and semi-pro event. I would help with the tournament staff until Pat came, and then work with his staff. I never had so much fun! Plus my room and meals were paid for while I was working and competing.

I always got to score the Premier Matches, that had live commentating, so I couldn't take my eyes off the tv for a moment, plus I had headphones and had to listen to commentating while working. Pats scoring system is remarkably accurate...everybody starts out with a perfect score of 1000. Pat Fleming will/would pay a $1000 bonus to the player that could achieve that in a match. I don't believe that he has ever paid out that bonus due to 1000 score not achieved in a race to 11 that he was scoring. Not that it has not ever happened, I'm sure it has. Anyway the best match that I ever scored was Danny Medina playing (I can't remember who because I never saw opponent) and he broke and ran 8.7 racks before he scored an error. It was phenominal pool!

Working with Rick Bolling, Buddy Hall, Grady Mathews, Billy Incardona, Pat Fleming, and a whole host of other notables...I laughed, and learned, and got paid! Life is what you make of it. I might not have experienced all this if I could afford the expenses on my own. Another blessing in disguise.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18073 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Being competent and useful has its perks Cool post.
  2. Old Comment
    Danny was playing Bill Incardona