Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > cjr3559
Reload this Page Week 7 (10/28)
Rate this Entry

Week 7 (10/28)

Posted 10-29-2010 at 09:15 AM by cjr3559

On the road this week. Interesting how that even when you play better, your score stays the same. Last week I didn't play very well and I scored 29 points winning 1 of 4. This week I won 2 of 4, played better and still scored 29 points.

I think I was slightly better than my opponent, and I should have won 3 of 4. I have to say he got lucky on an 8-ball bank in one of his victories. I think he was playing it straight off the rail, but it kissed off one of my object balls and went down. One of those pool things, I guess. Either way, it was a defensive game up until he ran into trouble on the 8. If I had another crack at the table I most likely wouldn't have been stuck with 4 on the table at the end.

Our team tied the other team on points for the evening giving them a 5 ball spot. We had more 10s than them on the night (11 vs 9). I'm still not sure who ultimately won, as our opponents were loudly disputing a ball count even though the score sheets matched. (?) Strange. I think they were just trying to cause trouble. It was apparent throughout the night they didn't know the foul rules well, and a couple guys (including the captain) began looking for something to start after we called a foul on them. Too bad. And next week we have to play them again on our turf.

I don't mind this particular league, but I can do without all of the players being difficult about foul calling and getting so upset. We can't help it if you don't understand the rules. Fortunately, I haven't run into any problems in any of my games yet. Too bad there isn't a referee.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4495 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments