Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > cjr3559
Reload this Page Equal Offense Practice
Rate this Entry

Equal Offense Practice

Posted 06-18-2020 at 01:37 PM by cjr3559

After watching Jerry Briesath’s latest instructional videos I learned more about ‘Equal Offense’ and the practice version to help improve your game.

I’ve taken a lot of Jerry’s tips in his videos seriously to help improve my game, and I have noticed a difference.

In practice Equal Offense the goal is to score 120 points over 10 innings to promote yourself to the next level of difficulty.

To check my skill level, I started out with 5 balls in hand per inning as recommended for the absolute novice player. To my relief I quickly found this level too easy by scoring 145.

Moving up to 4 balls in hand, in two games I averaged 123 which moved me up to the next level.

At 3 balls in hand I found my median difficulty level by averaging (so far) 112 over 7 games. In most publications this puts me in the beginner level which is a little discouraging as graduating to the 2 ball in hand level may be a challenge.

I will say that this game has improved my pattern recognition, though I’ve got a way to go. Breaking out clustered balls early seems to be the main object, as well as not making the errant miss on easy shots. I have found myself stringing some good innings of 12+ together along with clearing the table, but the occasional poor inning scoring less than 10 seems to be what’s keeping me from that elusive 120 average.

For information and record keeping I’m keeping a spreadsheet of my results (attached).
Attached Images

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 14073 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments