Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > ROB.M
Reload this Page Table. 1967 AMF GRAND PRIX
Rate this Entry

Table. 1967 AMF GRAND PRIX

Posted 08-15-2014 at 06:02 AM by dontlitethat

Ball box

Looking for the photos took while polishing the aluminum castings&trim but not having any luck; think they got trashed....

Thanks for viewing'

Rob.M
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 36350 Comments 3 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment

Table

A few more before photos I found stored in my cloud.

Basically a copy of the brunswick GC2 base frame and slate sill.

Rob.M
  2. Old Comment

Table

Simonis 860HR installed.

The ballbox was broke and cracked in just about every way possible, it's made of fiberglass or some form of plastic...I mended the cracks with epoxy then bondo and made new brackets to replace the missing and broken ball box anchors.
    The original turd brown upholstery vinyl that came on the table had to go~> I once seen a white/blue AMF and knew that's what this table needed. Marine grade vinyl from a fabric store was installed on figure eight base,aprons and inside ball box.
    The table was in decent condition considering it was made in February 1967 " casting dates ".
    The table new owner is taller and I offered 5 times to build spacers to go between the leg base and upper frame but he declined untill I got the slates almost level and flat... So then I told him I'll stick wood -2x6 sanded to shape-spacers backed with a asphalt shingle under the feet to bring it up to be 32 inches from top of slate to floor.

Some TLC and she's ready for some super tough play' all table should be raised to 32 inches to top of slate and have 3-5/8ths corner pockets' IMO

Rob.M
  3. Old Comment

Table

A photo of the aluminum casting before polished.

Thanks for viewing.

Rob.M