Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > CJ Wiley
Reload this Page reduce that extra calculation
Rate this Entry

reduce that extra calculation

Posted 01-11-2013 at 09:15 PM by CJ Wiley

I talked briefly with Shane about a certain long, tough shot off the rail and he doesn't even connect to the actual object ball (on that particular shot), instead connects to the ball, then aims at the shadow cast by the object ball and bisects it with the center of his tip.

I don't want to try to explain what he does, I only know what I do, however, with my solid "referential index" I can understand immediately{know} how others are making their connection. It's just best for me to stick to what I'm doing and explain that because I've reduced variables and "blended" my system, while other players are just as effective, but are using their systems separately.

It's like two people that are equally effective in multi-tasking, just one does it more systematically. This is a good comparison between what I do compared to other champion players. My system is just more organized and I've reduce that extra calculation they're still having to make. That's why I don't need to practice as much to maintain a high level of play.

What my personal game is missing, that I can't do alone is the competitive element. I used to gamble quite a bit and now it's few and far between. Either I have to give up too big a handicap or play other more seasoned (currently) for amounts of money that gives them a clear advantage. It's brutal for me to turn down games when at one time no one would even think of matching up, especially in a long "ahead" set. Efren and Bustemante would play me races, but NEVER play ahead - there IS a difference mentally.

No matter how much a person has gambled in their lives they still feel exaggerated pressure if they stop doing it for awhile. It's not that tough to "get back," it just takes a couple of weeks of playing under pressure. That's easier said than done these days with lack of a pro tour and gambling being at an all time low.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19824 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments